Home :: Systems :: Water Recycle Systems
H2Zero Recycle/Backwash - Zero Discharge Solutions
Nearly all water filtration related processes that remove target contaminants generate some liquid or solid residuals that need to be subsequently managed. Particularly with nuisance parameters such as iron and manganese, they present no hazards to human health or the environment. However, increasingly stringent regulatory discharge standards and emphasis on sustainability are demanding more environmentally friendly solutions for these residuals. Rapidly growing in popularity is AdEdge’s H2Zero recycle/backwash system. This configuration can be designed for arsenic adsorption or iron & manganese oxidation & filtration systems. Whether backwashing is infrequent (every 45-60 days in the case of adsorption for “fluffing” the media beds or performed one or more times per week using AdEdge can customize a solution to fit your need.
The figure below shows one type of recycle option for an iron and manganese removal system. Key components include a backwash holding tank, integrated controls, reclaim pump skid, particle filtration, and solids management.
- Optimal use and maximum conservation of water with over 90% water recovery
- Regulatory agency acceptance
- Environmentally friendly solution that requires little or no permitting
- Reclaim system can be for automated for minimal operation and maintenance
- Controls are integrated with the AdEdge treatment system PLC and touch screen panel
- Contaminants are reduced in volume and safely manages on or offsite
Let us design a system for you. Just complete this online site profile form and we will provide a design and quote. Fill Out A Site Profile Form
Below are examples of various zero discharge backwash management components that are integrated into complete AdEdge systems. Key components include vertical poly or steel tanks, backwash recycle pump skids, bag filters, and integrated PLC controls.