Hydrogen Sulfide Treatment
Hydrogen sulfide is a common nuisance contaminant. Although it is usually not a significant health hazard, hydrogen sulfide can have a temporary laxative effect on humans and young livestock. They also may clog plumbing and stain clothing. Hydrogen sulfide produces an offensive “rotten egg” odor and taste in the water, especially when the water is heated.
Treatment options depend on the form and quantities in which hydrogen sulfide occur in untreated water. Therefore, it is critical that a comprehensive water analysis be conducted.
AdEdge provides treatment for hydrogen sulfide using our AD26 oxidation/filtration media in our systems. By using our water filtration system we are able to reduce the amount of hydrogen sulfide in the water system.
AdEdge offers a line of packaged, pre-engineered APU systems, which are the ideal solution for public water systems, schools, subdivisions, and more. We also have a line of modular treatment systems that arrive unassembled, ready for hook-up when they are installed onsite. These solutions can incorporate the oxidation/filtration and/or coagulation/filtration treatment processes with pre-and-post treatment for a complete integrated system.
What are the advantages of AdEdge’s hydrogen sulfide solutions?
- High filtration rates while maintaining a small footprint.
- Capable of treating water with flow rates ranging from 5 gpm to 5 MGD.
- Hundreds of iron and manganese solutions throughout the United States, Canada, and Latin America.
- AD26 media has superior handling properties, stability, and NSF 61 certification.
- Long media life – typically over 10 years before replacement.
- Highly catalytic/oxidative activity for co-precipitation.
If you are experiencing hydrogen sulfide issues with your water, click here to contact us or fill out a site profile form and we’ll start working on a customized solution for you.
Inorganic Contaminants :