AdEdge provides treatment systems for uranium removal using AD92, an ion exchange (IX) media ideal for potable water as well as non-potable and environmental remediation applications. The high-efficiency AD92 can selectively remove the negatively charged uranium anion (most often in the form of uranyl carbonate) to below the existing U.S. EPA MCL of 30 ug/L.
The AdEdge AD92 systems can deliver the needed performance in two ways:
- Via regeneration type systems, which use the media to remove the uranium with periodic regeneration using NaCl brine.
- As a discardable media, which can be disposed of when spent. This option maximizes the very high capacity of the AD92. Where on-site regeneration is not available, this disposal option is the preferred option and will vary based on federal, state and local regulations.
AdEdge AD92 Media Benefits
- High Operating Capacity: The high regeneration efficiency of AdEdge AD92 IX equates to higher throughputs per pound of regenerate chemical.
- Complies with FDA regulations for potable water applications
- Conforms to paragraph 21 CFR173.25 of the Food Additives Regulations of the FDA
- Available as NSF/ANSI-61 Certified
- WQA Gold Seal Certified
- Superior Physical Stability: 93%-plus sphericity combined with high crush strengths and uniform particle size provide greater resistance to bead breakage. This results in longer resin life and lower pressure drop.
- Organic Fouling Resistance: Type Two exchange functionality provides a dramatic increase in resistance to organic fouling compared to other types of strongly anion exchangers.
Radium is found naturally in uranium ores. It is an alkaline earth metal that decomposes in water and is a million times more radioactive than the same mass of uranium. Radium is a carcinogenic radiological hazard that emits alpha, beta and gamma rays. The EPA sets the standard for combined radium at 5 pCi/L.
AdEdge offers a line of packaged, pre-engineered APU systems using ion exchange or oxidation filtration media for the removal of radium from water, including AD88 systems. These are available in a variety of flow rates and configurations to meet radium removal needs from 10 gpm to more than 12 MGD for all water system applications.
For more information
If your water has high levels of radionuclides, contact us or fill out a site profile form and we’ll start working on a customized solution for you to help you accelerate regulatory compliance with less risk than is possible any other way.